The Zamp 80-Watt Portable Solar Charging System is our most popular portable. 80 watts is great for small travel trailers, truck campers, camper vans, and single-battery or some dual-battery systems. The system can be used as a single power source for maintaining and charging a battery or as an add-on power source to your currently solar system. Use one or more of these to add more power.
The system features a 10-Amp Solar Charge Controller mounted on an EZ-View swinging bracket, which allows the user to stand while viewing the digital deluxe solar charge controller. The Zamp Solar Digital Deluxe 10-Amp Solar Charge Controller is a 5-stage, weatherproof, PWM solar charge controller. A large digital display shows the user battery voltage, an instant view of amps from the solar panel and how many amps charged the battery over the period of time it was connected. Three indicator lights show Faults (any errors), Charging (solar is charging the battery), Full (battery is full and solar is maintaining).
This 80-watt kit provides 4.6 amps of charging power per hour under optimal sun conditions. Estimated daily amperage is approximately 36 amps in the summer or approximately 18 amps in the winter. The average RV user who does extended weekend dry camping uses roughly 30 to 40 amps a day.
- Class A Crystalline Solar Cells with a 25 year power output warranty.
- All of our solar charge controllers feature Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) technology. This is an algorithm that will allow the solar charge controller to communicate with the battery to determine at what voltage the battery needs to best charge. For any solar unit under 600 watts PWM technology is better suited for battery charging as it uses less energy for voltage controlling operations.
- New wires and Zamp Solar wire system. Our older wire design featured an Anderson wire connector. These types of connectors make a great connection but are bulky and the soldering often takes a beating in a mobile application. Our new wires are pre-molded by an American company in Chicago and have a longer life when used in an applications such our portable solar system. By having our plugs pre-molded we take the potential weak soldering out of the equation and reduce bulk greatly. An added benefit of our new wires is the RV resistant coating mixed in with the sheath. Wires that are used in an exposed environment will have a 15 year estimated lifespan.
- 2 – Class A High Efficiency, Highest Quality Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- Compressed Aluminum Frame
- Tempered glass (ability to withstand a golf ball sized hail stone at 60 mph)
- Attached EZ-Slide Legs – no bolts or wing nuts
- Carrying Handle and Two Plated Clasp for Transport
- Zamp Solar Built in 10 Amp PWM Weatherproof Solar Charge Controller on EZ-View Bracket
- Large LCD Digital Display | Volts, Amps & Amps per Hour
- Multi-color LED Indicator Lights for Operational Status
- Operators Manual Included
- 16′ Wiring Harness with Alligator Battery Clamps and Zamp Solar Plug System
- UV Rated Wire with Estimated 15 yr Lifespan
- With Fuse Holder and Fuse
- Ballistic Nylon Case with Heavy Duty Zippers
- Watts: 80
- Amps: 4.58
- Dim. Closed: 21"w x 22"L x 3.0"d
- Dim. Opened: 42"w x 22"L x 1.5"d
- No. Panels: 2
- Expandable: Yes