The Zamp 200 Watt Portable Solar Charging System is easily adjustable and comes with 16' cable wire and battery clips for easy hook-up. In fact, the entire set-up process only takes a few minutes! Utilizing 11.4 Amps of charging power, this foldable panel is ideal to use with most RVs and can be stored easily within the vehicle. The Zamp 200 Watt Portable Solar Charging System utilizes 6 volt batteries in series or 12 volt batteries in parallel.
Our largest portable solar charging system from Zamp. Great for heavy energy users with medium to large RV’s and dual battery or multi-battery systems. If you’re a really heavy user you can use more than one portable solar charging system on the same battery or combine it with a permanent roof top mounted system, generator or other power generator.
The Zamp 200 watt portable solar charging system was designed for heavy users but they can also be used on smaller 12 volt batteries without any damage or fear of damage. The Zamp solar charge controller protects the battery from over charging or any spikes in power.
Zamp Solar 200 Watt Portable Solar Charging System features a 15 Amp solar charge controller mounted on an EZ-View swinging bracket. The EZ-View Bracket allows the user to stand while viewing the digital deluxe solar charge controller. The Zamp Solar Digital Deluxe 15 Amp Solar Charge Controller is a 5 stage, weatherproof, PWM solar charge controller. A large digital display shows the user battery voltage, an instant view of amps from the solar panel and how many amps charged the battery over the period of time.. 3 indicator lights show – Faults (any errors) | Charging (solar is charging the battery) | Full (battery is full and solar is maintaining).
This 200 watt Portable Solar Charging kit provides 11.42 amps of charging power per hour under optimal sun conditions. Depending on where you live and what time of year will depend on how many hours of optimal sunlight you can expect to receive. Typically we use an average of 6 or 7 hours for the summer and 4 to 5 hours for the winter. Commonly these figures are lower than expected.
Estimated daily amperage – 68 to 91 amps (summer), or 45 to 57 amps (winter). Average RV’er who do extended weekend dry camping sessions use roughly 30 to 40 amps a day.
Great for dual and multi-battery systems, large RV’s and campers and some off grid solar charging applications.
- Class A Crystalline Solar Cells with a 25 year power output warranty.
- All Zamp solar charge controllers feature Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) technology. This is an algorithm that will the solar charge controller to communicate with the battery to determine at what voltage the battery needs to best charge. For any solar unit under 600 watts, PWM technology is better suited for battery charging as it uses less energy for voltage controlling operations.
- New wires and Zamp Solar wire system. These new wires are pre-molded by an American company in Chicago and have a longer life when used in an applications such as a portable solar system. By having the plugs pre-molded Zamp takes the potential weak soldering out of the equation and reduce bulk greatly. An added benefit of the new Zamp wires is the RV resistant coating mixed in with the sheath. Wires that are used in an exposed environment will have a 15 year estimated lifespan.
- 2 – Class A High Efficiency, Highest Quality Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- Compressed Aluminium Frame
- Tempered glass (ability to withstand a golf ball sized hail stone at 60 mph)
- Attached EZ-Slide Legs – no bolts or wing nuts
- Carrying Handle and Two Plated Clasp for Transport
- Zamp Solar Built in 15 Amp PWM Weatherproof Solar Charge Controller on EZ-View Bracket
- Large LCD Digital Display | Volts, Amps & Amps per Hour
- Multi-color LED Indicator Lights for Operational Status
- Operators Manual Included
- 16′ Wiring Harness with Alligator Battery Clamps and Zamp Solar Plug System
- UV Rated Wire with Estimated 15 yr Lifespan
- With Fuse Holder and Fuse
- Ballistic Nylon Case with Heavy Duty Zippers
- Watts: 200
- Amps: 11.42
- Dim. Closed: 27"w x 40"L x 3.0"d
- Dim. Opened: 54"w x 40"L x 1.5"d
- Weight: 47 lbs
- No. Panels: 2
- Expandable: Yes