The Zamp 160-Watt Portable Solar Charging System offers big power in a relatively small package. 160 Watts can bridge the gap between heavy duty RV and camper battery charging as well as light Off Grid battery charging. This 160-watt system is only a few pounds heavier than the 120-watt version but produces 40 more watts. Great for single, dual and multi-battery systems, medium and large RVs and campers, and some off-grid solar charging applications.
The system features a 15-Amp Solar Charge Controller mounted on an EZ-View swinging bracket, which allows the user to stand while viewing the digital deluxe solar charge controller. The Zamp Solar Digital Deluxe 15-Amp Solar Charge Controller is a 5-stage, weatherproof, PWM solar charge controller. A large digital display shows the user battery voltage, an instant view of amps from the solar panel and how many amps charged the battery over the period of time it was connected. Three indicator lights show Faults (any errors), Charging (solar is charging the battery), Full (battery is full and solar is maintaining).
This 160-Watt Portable Solar Charging kit provides 9.4 amps of charging power per hour under optimal sun conditions. Location and time of year will impact how many hours of optimal sunlight you can expect to receive. Typically we use an average of 6 or 7 hours for the summer and 4 to 5 hours for the winter. Estimated daily amperage is 56 to 75 amps during summer months or 37 to 47 amps in the winter.
- Class A Crystalline Solar Cells with a 25 year power output warranty.
- All of our solar charge controllers feature Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) technology. This is an algorithm that will allow the solar charge controller to communicate with the battery to determine at what voltage the battery needs to best charge. For any solar unit under 600 watts PWM technology is better suited for battery charging as it uses less energy for voltage controlling operations.
- New wires and Zamp Solar wire system. Our older wire design featured an Anderson wire connector. These types of connectors make a great connection but are bulky and the soldering often takes a beating in a mobile application. Our new wires are pre-molded by an American company in Chicago and have a longer life when used in an applications such our portable solar system. By having our plugs pre-molded we take the potential weak soldering out of the equation and reduce bulk greatly. An added benefit of our new wires is the RV resistant coating mixed in with the sheath. Wires that are used in an exposed environment will have a 15 year estimated lifespan.
- 2 – Class A High Efficiency, Highest Quality Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- Compressed Aluminum Frame
- Tempered glass (ability to withstand a golf ball sized hail stone at 60 mph)
- Attached EZ-Slide Legs – no bolts or wing nuts
- Carrying Handle and Two Plated Clasp for Transport
- Zamp Solar Built in 15 Amp PWM Weatherproof Solar Charge Controller on EZ-View Bracket
- Large LCD Digital Display | Volts, Amps & Amps per Hour
- Multi-color LED Indicator Lights for Operational Status
- Operators Manual Included
- 16′ Wiring Harness with Alligator Battery Clamps and Zamp Solar Plug System
- UV Rated Wire with Estimated 15 yr Lifespan
- With Fuse Holder and Fuse
- Ballistic Nylon Case with Heavy Duty Zippers
- Watts: 160
- Amps: 8.9
- Dim. Closed: 20"w x 39.5"L x 3.0"d
- Dim. Opened: 40"w x 39.5"L x 1.5"d
- No. Panels: 2
- Expandable: Yes